Health tips for vitality always arise in nutrition coaching. Simplicity and balance I think are really important aspects to remember with our busy lives. I try and not get obsessed with the whole food thing. Generally, I try and balance our diet. However, if any symptoms start occurring then I am immediately on my A game to eliminate certain foods that I know aggravate those particular symptoms. Most of my clients approach me with a diagnosed medical condition and symptoms they need sorted. Delicious foods get added to their diet and sometimes there are foods that need eliminating from their diet. I still get amazed at how quickly some symptoms clear up, just by tweaking one’s diet.
10 Daily Health Tips For Vitality
- Start your day with an alkalizing glass of lemon juice and water.
- Move your body for an hour of enjoyable exercise daily.
- Chill out with yoga, meditation, positive thinking and deep breathing.
- Drink 2 liters of pure water or herbal tea.
- Load your plate up with a double handful of fresh vibrantly colorful veggies, herbs, and salads.
- Increase real foods, anti-inflammatory, and alkalizing foods.
- Eat whole grains – brown rice, rye, quinoa or oats.
- Pack in the protein – salmon, beans, lentils, quinoa or chicken.
- Choose three pieces of low-fructose fruit – berries, apple, grapefruit, orange or pear.
- Enjoy healthy fats including; ground nuts and seeds.
Remove from your diet
- White flour products
- Alcohol, smoking, recreational drugs, animal fats and processed foods
- Hydrogenated Oils
- Fried and burnt foods
- Instant Coffee and excess caffeine
- Cordials and soft drinks
For more health tips you might like to check out my ebook Wellness From Your Plate a collection of nutritional tips to apply the principles of nourishing your body with real foods. Nic Makim is a nutritionist & health coach focusing on weight loss, cleansing, vitality and healthy aging. Nic tailors nutrition programs and coaching to help you feel your best.