Garlic and onions are added to everything in my kitchen. We love them. I buy garlic cloves already peeled and store in a jar with extra virgin olive oil. This keeps the cloves for weeks in the refrigerator and saves hours of peeling garlic.
Health Benefits Of Garlic
These are only a few of the health benefits garlic may have. In my ebook Wellness From Your Plate, you will find more nutritional tips on garlic.
- Thins the blood which may help prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Reduces cholesterol.
- Enhances immune function.
- Relieves chronic bronchitis.
- Acts as an expectorant and decongestant.
- Stimulates the formation of glutathione a potent detoxifier and antioxidant.
- A natural antibiotic.
Health Benefits Of Onion
- Onion was used traditionally in remedies for coughs, colds, flu, and ear infections.
- Decrease catarrh (phlegm), inflammation.
- May lower blood pressure.
- May lower blood cholesterol.
- Destroys bacteria, decreasing infections.
- Relieves bronchial asthma.
- May counteract carcinogens.
- Helps neutralizes chemicals from tobacco, processed foods, barbecued meats, etc
- Quercetin – anti-inflammatory.
- Cruciferous insoles – may help prevent breast cancer by inducing protective enzymes that deactivate estrogen.
Nic Makim is a nutritionist, health coach and blogger focusing on weight loss, cleansing, vitality and healthy aging. Be in touch if you are interested in our 30-day nutrition program or online health coaching. We aim to broadcast our message through insightful news, engaging facts, recipes, and thought-provoking interviews. In collaboration with top health consultants, mindful souls, and geeky scientific studies, we are pushing the conversation forward. We bring you the best articles, updates, and useful tools to motivate and inspire your commitment towards a healthier lifestyle. Most importantly we are trying to inspire and motivate a healthy lifestyle and diet. Nourish your mind and body. You deserve it. We would love to hear from you! Comment below, how you love eating onion and garlic.